What’s in a name?
Metamorphic Massage: From rocks to butterfly wings
Often clients come to me for a massage with “rocks” or knots in their shoulders. I apply both heat and pressure and, like rocks under heat and pressure, change occurs. Stiff shoulders become flexible, and hard and lumpy rocks transform into a flowing, lighter way of being, like butterfly wings emerging in a metamorphic process. At the end of a massage session, my clients leave with butterfly wings instead of rocks.
– Nikki Nichols, LMP
What can I offer you?
I am dedicated to empowering you, my clients, in your own healing. Based on your personal needs, I partner with you to create a unique treatment plan, including assessment, massage, education and homecare suggestions. My techniques include Sports massage, myofascial release, muscle energy techniques, deep tissue, Swedish, hot stone, and pregnancy massage
I offer personal attention for an uninterrupted session, so that you may feel well cared for, listened to and understood.
I combine my skills as I treat my clients. In addition, my certification trainings in both orthopedic (medical) massage and sports massage allows me to offer a wide range of treatments.
See Insurance Providers tab for a complete listing of the insurance companies I work with, along with my studio hours.
What are the benefits of massage?
Physical Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Enhances athletic performance
- Rehabilitation after injury caused during sport or work
- Rehabilitation post operative
- Treats musculoskeletal problems
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Helps relieve muscle spasms, tension and stiffness
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments;
- Reduces pain and swelling;
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Reduces blood pressure
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Improves posture
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
Mental Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Emotional Benefits
- Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
(Source: American Massage Therapy Association)